Thursday, February 20, 2014

Before I begin my first ever blog post, I want to explain something.

I was supposed to start this blog when I first came to China, around September 1st, 2013. However, upon my arrival in the city of Zhuji, located about 40 miles south of Hangzhou, I found out that blogspot.com is blocked by the Chinese Government aka The Great Firewall of China and in order to access my blog and other blocked websites like Facebook and Youtube I would need a VPN. I didn't end up getting a VPN until about a month into my stay and by then I had forgotten about my blog.

So I am starting about half way through my stay in China.

As the title suggests, the focus of this blog is on exploring Chinese culture through Chinese food. I wanted to make this blog as a way of documenting my travels in China, sharing some of the cuisine I eat, and overall sharing my experience here in China.

I hope you enjoy it as much as I am living it.




5 comments:

  1. Super cool idea brah...cant wait to see what you have to share with us! Glad you finally got through that wall..
    Nostro
    Su
    Best of luck x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so wonderful -- It's like hearing your voice -- I love it. So, I've never followed one before -- how will I know when you post something? (I just happened to see this by accident in my notifications.

    Love you -- can't wait to cook what you show is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so interesting really wonderful pictures! Thanks for sharing your time in China!

    ReplyDelete