Thursday, February 27, 2014

Today's candid moment is brought to you by... nobody, because I still haven't found a sponsor for my blog. Little help?


I was getting tired of posting my school lunch meals everyday and maybe you were too. So instead I decided to take a video for you guys.

       Here I am on the back of an electric scooter driving through Zhuji. Terry, my friend and fellow foreign teacher, is the one driving. I took the video because I wanted to show you what a "typical" street might look like in China. I find these kinds of everyday situations to be very interesting and unique. Even though I've lived here for 6 months I still find myself thinking, "Man, I'm in China. This is really different, and I like it." 

       This video was particularly great because I think it captures a many common elements seen in everyday Chinese life. The first thing is that electric and motor scooters like this one are every where. I counted 14 of them in this video! They're so cool. I don't get why more people don't drive them in New York City. Second, is how many close encounters there are in Chinese traffic. It's hard to tell in the video but when Terry yells, "Hey hey hey hey hey," we came close to hitting two women crossing the street. After that we get pretty close to a car. You can also see all the people in the street and all the different shops around us. 

Just a typical day in Zhuji.

The video was taken at around 4pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment